Sunday, January 30, 2011

Goodwill Hunting Script

INT. TRI-TECH LABORATORIES, OFFICE -- SAME

Three well dressed TRI-TECH EXECUTIVES sit around a conference

table, which is littered with promotional brochures. The

executives exchange a confused look. One of them speaks.

EXECUTIVE

(tentative)

Well, Will, I'm not exactly sure what

you mean, we've already offered you a

position..

Cut to reveal: Chuckie sitting across from the executives,

hair combed down, wearing his Sunday best.

CHUCKIE

Since this is obviously not my first

time in such altercations, let me say

this:

Chuckie rubs the tips of his fingers together, indicating

"cash." The executives are baffled.

CHUCKIE (cont'd)

Look, we can do this the easy way or

the hard way.

The executives are completely blank.

CHUCKIE (cont'd)

At the current time I am looking at a

number of different fields from which

to disseminate which offer is most

pursuant aid to my benefit.

(a beat)

What do you want? What do I want?

What does anybody want? Leniency.

EXECUTIVE

I'm not sure--

CHUCKIE

--These circumstances are mitigated.

Right now. They're mitigated.

Chuckie puts his hands up, as if getting a vibe from the room.

EXECUTIVE

Okay...

Chuckie points to the third executive.

CHUCKIE

He knows what I'm talking about.

The third executive is baffled.

CHUCKIE (cont'd)

A retainer. Nobody in this town works

without a retainer. You think you can

find someone who does, you have my

blessin'. But I think we all know

that person isn't going to represent

you as well as I can.

EXECUTIVE

Will, our offer starts you at eighty-

four thousand a year, plus benefits.

CHUCKIE

Retainer...

EXECUTIVE

You want us to give you cash right

now?

CHUCKIE

Allegedly, what I am saying is your

situation will be concurrently improved

if I had two hundred sheets in my pocket

right now.

The executives exchange looks and go for their wallets.

EXECUTIVE

I don't think I...Larry?

EXECUTIVE

I have about seventy-three...

EXECUTIVE

Will you take a check?

CHUCKIE

Come now...what do you think I am, a

juvinile? You don't got any money on

you right now. You think I'm gonna

take a check?

EXECUTIVE

It's fine, John, I can cover the rest.

CHUCKIE

That's right, you know.

(turns to #1)

He knows.

Chuckie stands up and takes the money.

CHUCKIE (cont'd)

(to exec #1)

You're suspect.

I don't know what your reputation is,

but after the shit you tried to pull

today, you can bet I'll be looking

into it. Any conversations you want

to have with me heretofore, you can

have with my attourney. Good day to

you Gentlemen, and until that day comes,

keep your ears to the grindstone.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this
    Work at Robert Greene Corp.

    ReplyDelete