Wednesday, January 26, 2011

“Fight Club” – Chuck Palahniuk

“Disaster is part of my evolution”, Tyler whispered, “toward tragedy and dissolution.”

“I’m breaking away from my attachment physical power and possessions”, Tyler whispered, “because only through destroying myself can I discover the greater of my spirit.”

“The liberator who destroys my property,” Tyler said, “is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free.”

…I tell the detective, no, I did not leave the gas I and then leave town. I loved my life. I loved that condo. I loved every stick of furniture. That was my whole life. Everything, the lamps, the chairs, the rugs were me. The dishes in the cabinet were me. The plants were me. The television was me. It was me that blew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment