Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Godfather Trilogy

“I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.”

(Don Corleone to Johnny Fontane)

“You can act like a man! [slap] What’s wrong with you?”

(Don Corleone to Johnny Fontane)

But I’m a supersititous man. And if some unlucky accident should befall him – If he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in a jail cell – or if he’s struck by a bolt of lightening, then I’m to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive. But that aside, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we’ve made here today.”

(Don Corleone to the other Dons)

Never tell anybody outside the family what you’re thinking again.

(Don Corleone to Sonny)

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter’s wedding day.

If you had come to me in friendship then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day.

(Don Corleone to Amerigo Bonasera)

I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart.

(Michael to Fredo)

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

(Michael to Harrison and Connie)

I would burn in hell to keep you safe.

(Michael to Mary)

When they come, they’ll come at what you love.

(Michael to Vincent)

Never hate your enemies – it affects your judgement.

(Michael to Vincent)

Your enemies always get strong on what you leave behind.

(Vincent to the group)

Why was I so feared and you were so loved?

(Michael over Tommasino’s corpse)

No comments:

Post a Comment